A Quilting Experiment

dsc03338
first quilted blanket!

Just in time for winter my girlfriend and I had the crazy but genius idea to make blankets. I am not a very experienced quilter, so we started the whole project with a simple sketch on which we based the pattern. We cut the pieces without measuring much, just roughly according to our sketch, with the felted wool base as the size reference. Eve pieced the top together (very talented sewing beginner!) and I quilted the top and the felted wool together, and added the bias tape. A simple idea but less simple construction… The result is a super cozy blanket that will warm us in the next months and a well accomplished cooperation between the two of us.

Here are some photos of the process:

dsc03295
me, pinning the improvised quilt top to the wool
dsc03331
Eve, preparing the whole thing for quilting. I can just recommend using masking tape as an orientation!
dsc03327
quilting in process…
dsc03333
adding bias tape with the help of metal clips
dsc03339
view from the back

dsc03340

dsc03351

Advertisements

Kommentar verfassen

Trage deine Daten unten ein oder klicke ein Icon um dich einzuloggen:

WordPress.com-Logo

Du kommentierst mit Deinem WordPress.com-Konto. Abmelden / Ändern )

Twitter-Bild

Du kommentierst mit Deinem Twitter-Konto. Abmelden / Ändern )

Facebook-Foto

Du kommentierst mit Deinem Facebook-Konto. Abmelden / Ändern )

Google+ Foto

Du kommentierst mit Deinem Google+-Konto. Abmelden / Ändern )

Verbinde mit %s